hm. hello tumblr. not sure yet if i’m pleased to meet you, but let’s give this a try.
part of me is screaming, “don’t do it!” yet here i am. but isn’t that life? doing things you know you ought not to do and not doing the things you should be doing … sound vaguely familiar to anyone else?
so i guess since this is a blog, i should start blogging. not super-crazy about the level of publicly displayed introspection that may involve. :self esteem issues: let’s start slowly, folks.
name’s babs. well, not my boston irish catholic given name, but the only part of that equation that’s left is the irish anyway. eons ago, my boyfriend-now-husband picked up on the ‘babs’ from my bff’s who picked up on it from one very adorable guy/friend that started the trend. since then, only a dozen or two people have used the moniker, but i prefer it that way — sort of a closer term of endearment. and yes, i do still smirk inside thinking of the cutie that started it all… :sigh: …he doesn’t elaborate much in the annual christmas card. :\
name, check. baby steps …
if i don’t even want to type about myself, how much more so do you not want to read about me? let’s skip to generalities. i love to skip. la la la…
- capitalization not a priority. obviously.
- if the pic wasn’t clue enough, i’m ‘one of those born again christians.’
- music. oh yes. ooooooh yes.
- coffee. yes, please. again?
- guilt, we are each other’s arch nemesis, nemesises, nemeses…
- mystery men, i do so love thee.
- married 20 years. still in love most days. ;p
- i love to cook. when my kitchen’s clean & the ingredients are oh so fresco. tony bennett helps on larger, entertaining feasts.
- three kids. they all got hubby’s musical gene. :) sidebar: boys are waaaaay easier than girls. oy. almost had to use the shift key on those two letters.
- i still have e-mail in my inbox from february.
- my long-distance family stalks/judges me via facebook.
- i could never live more than 10 miles from the ocean. i may not go nearly enough, but i need to know it’s there.
i shall try to keep my blurbs briefish. boring in smaller, more palatable doses.
nobody should waste their time writing or reading such crap anyway.
… and, scene.
p.s. fwiw, i’m not really a huge fan of skipping — black eyes and all.